Friday, March 4, 2011

day seven

Day 7 - something that has had an impact on you:

What to write about? I think that it's part of what makes the human experience so incredible - our whole lives are an accumulation of things and people that have impacted us. I could write about my best friend Rachelle, who has been the most consistent friend imaginable. Or I could write about a tragedy that both devastated and united a community and taught my 12 year old heart the true meaning of life and loss. I could write about my high school youth group that gave me a safe place to start understanding my faith. I could write about my college friends who showed me how friends can be like family - learning and loving and encountering life together. I could write about one friend in particular who forced me to believe in my own strength, beauty and worth. Or I could write about my college, where I was given the tools to become the person I am today. I could write about a fire. About a ceremony. About a move. About a job (or two. or three.) Or I could write about discovering a passion for coaching basketball and the immense joy that discovery has provided. But I think that I will write about my family. Because while all of these things have had unknowable impacts on my life, nothing has impacted me quite like my incredible, accomplished, loving, driving, perfect-in-their-imperfection family. I have been blessed with the consistent presence of the most amazing people I know. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: they gave me my life, but the have also given me life.




(And the greatest impact of all is this: that God so loved the world (so loved me) that He gave His one and only Son...)


Amen.

No comments: