Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day twenty-three: celebrations.

Day 23 - Something you crave a lot:

If we're talking food? Cheese. And tortilla chips. And occasionally Swedish Fish.

If we're talking life? Companionship. Sunshine. Time to sit and read. Laughter. Feeling the blessed assurance that Jesus is mine.

I think that about covers it. When you get to the bottom of it, life is pretty simple, isn't it?

Tomorrow is another Monday - the beginning of another week. But this week is the last week until spring break, which is exciting on a multitude of levels, not the least of which is my desperate need for a break. Today was my basketball banquet - yet another reminder of how blessed I have been. What a great opportunity to celebrate these wonderful young women - the unique and beautiful creations that they are. We laughed, some of us (me) cried, and we rejoiced in the bright future these girls have before them. I find myself, once again, thanking God for them.

And now? Now is off to read and then to sleep and to live another day in this lovely life that I've been gifted.

Sleep well, my friends.

No comments: