Tuesday, March 15, 2011

day 17 (plus some random thoughts)

Day 17 - someone you would like to trade lives with for a day.

So...I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about this. (More than I should have, maybe...) and I came up with this - I wouldn't want to trade lives with anyone. There are parts of other people's lives that I occasionally envy (financial security, job security, fantastic relationships, etc.) but for the most part, I am perfectly content with just being...me.

In other news, The Bachelor finale (the most dramatic one ever!) was on last night, and while it is still ridiculously contrived fake tv, there was quite a bit more real life substance to it then I've ever seen before. Some real conversations about real issues, not just "this is such a fairytale, I'm so in love and will be forever" and eye twinkling. I appreciated the little dose of actual reality in reality tv, and wish that the producers of the show would realize that these moments of substance are what most veiwers would actually like to see. However, I know I'm bound to be disappointed when I inevitably start watching next season, despite my best intentions not to.

Unrelated: there needs to be a universal symbol for sarcasm that can be used on facebook, twitter, text messages, etc. Because I far too often get myself in trouble because tone of voice and facial expressions get lost in online translation. I'm going to think of something and try to get it to catch on. It will be so fetch. Who's with me?!?

1 comment:

Kari said...

I haven't watched the Bach finale yet, but after tests start I'm definitely going to.

And I definitely want a sign for sarcasm. Sometimes I feel like that's the tone I use most often and I can never be sure if it's coming through.

Seriously. So fetch.