Saturday, March 26, 2011

day twenty-six: vacation!

I'm sitting in my friend Juliann's gorgeous kitchen, looking out the window at the sea and the grey sky and the channel islands in the distance. It's wet and chilly in Santa Barbara, but my heart is warm.

The next five days are full of plans (mostly revolving around food) and friends and hopefully rest. And while in the back of my mind there is a chorus of "what next? where next? no job no job no job"....I am calm and grateful and happy.

So now I am off to enjoy the rest of this vacation. Hopefully Santa Barbara will feel compelled to throw a little sunshine my way, but if not, I'll still be satisfied. Because I have been blessed without measure.

Sometimes, life is so wonderful.


(I'll be back to finish my blog challenge and delight you with stories of my Santa Barbaran adventures in a few days...never fear.)

No comments: