Wednesday, March 2, 2011

day five - Interlaken, Switzerland.

Day 5 - a picture of a place you've been:


I have been blessed in my (relatively short) life with the opportunity to travel to many wonderful places. As an only child of two parents working in the school system (syncronized vacation schedules!!) I went on a lot of family vacations as a kid, and as a college student I was given the opportunity to participate in a study abroad program that found me literally traversing across Europe for four months. On top of that, I've lived in two of the most incredibly beautiful places on Earth - Santa Barbara, CA and Denver, CO. I've been a lot of places.


However, the one place that stands out to me more than any of the others is Interlaken, Switzerland. I can't exactly pinpoint why I love it there SO much, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the natural beauty of the place. I have never been so in awe of God's creation as when I was in Interlaken - the turquoise blue of the water, the majesty of the mountains, the wildflower covered hills - incredible. It's also one of the friendliest, most laid-back, vistor-friendly places I've ever visited. The food is good, the exchange rate is nearly 1-1, which is rare these days!, and it's so tiny that it's incredibly easy to get around.



>But I think what it really comes down to is this: the two times I've found myself in that idyllic mountain town, I've felt so close to God. I just remember this feeling of peace and joy enveloping me as I wandered through the mountains and sat beside the glistening blue creek with a good book. Really...it's just a fantastic place.

No comments: