Tuesday, March 15, 2011

day eighteen - dreams

Day 18 - some plans/dreams/goals that you have:

Well isn't this just the loaded prompt? I have to start with a confession: I always feel really lame when people start the "what is your dream?" conversation, because I feel like I don't really have one. (I know that's lame and probably untrue, but bear with me.) I have dreams of being happy and successful, of getting married and having kids someday, and of someday living in a house instead of an apartment. I have dreams of traveling with my family and growing old with someone and spending a happy retirement occupied with some sort of all-consuming hobby (like scrapbooking or water aerobics or something). But those aren't the kind of dreams being asked about in those conversations. I don't dream of being a doctor or inventing something or running a marathon or going to grad school. My dreams are smaller than that. And for a long time I thought that the small scale of my dreams meant that they were insignificant. I often wondered if there was something wrong with my makeup, that all I longed for was a happy family and not a high-powered career with a completely disposable income attached to it. But that's not true. My dreams are significant. My dreams reflect my heart.

And I believe that my dreams will come true someday.



(Also, how good was Glee tonight!?)

No comments: