Wednesday, February 4, 2009

lonely.

Little known fact about unemployment: it's incredibly lonely.

Tomorrow marks one month that I will have been living in Santa Barbara without school, without a job, and often without much company.  Over the past month I have spent most of every day by myself, eager for the end of the school day when my roommates return home and give me some human contact.  

I know I shouldn't be such a Debbie Downer right now.  I had the most amazing week/weekend...I got to spend time (and a lot of it!) with a few of my most favorite people in the world. 

But right now I'm alone.  And I'm lonely. 

It's in moments like this that I find myself so strongly wishing that I could just talk to God and actually physically hear Him answer.  I know He's here, and He makes Himself known in the most beautiful and unexpected ways, but in these lonely moments, I just wish to be able to curl up next to Him and have Him hold me and be totally assured that I am never, never alone.

But, in the words of Lifehouse, "This is over my head but underneath my feet, 'cause by tomorrow morning I'll have this thing beat."  Tomorrow is another day, and, thank God, every day His mercies are new.

In other news, today is the first day of my last week of being 21.

May God bless you today, dear friends.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

you should call me and we should be lonely buddies together

Liane Koh said...

Chin up, sweetheart! Let this time be a chance to enjoy the freedom of a blank slate everyday, before things get very busy. I know that there's a fantastic job out there waiting for you. Let's hang out again soon! Not seeing you for a few days feels like forever!

MicheLe said...

WEIRD.....I was just missing you on Wednesday and Thursday.....looks like right when you wrote this post. So, I'm glad you were on my heart and all, but a little sad that you are/were sad.

Wanna go shopping? :)