Tuesday, February 24, 2009

blessed.

So.

After nearly two months and about a bazillion applications (and subsequent rejections...) I HAVE A JOB!!!!

I'm working at a little bakery in Montecito, right by the grocery store, called Xanadu.  It's been one of my favorite restaurants since the very beginning of my time living in California, and now it's my first site of employment (outside of Westmont, of course) in California.  

It's been interesting for me, working in a totally different environment.  I have a pretty good amount of work experience, but it is all in child care type of situations, so working in a completely different arena has been a learning experience, to say the least.  My hours are super random and not always ideal right now, and I'm not getting paid a whole lot, but it. is. a. job.  And I'm thankful to have it.

God is so faithful.  Despite the many challenges the past 2 months have held for me, the constant presence of my Savior has been more real and more amazing then I have ever experienced before.  There have been so many blessings that have come lately, and they continue every single day.  For every day His mercies are new, and every day I wake up feeling His love and His faithfulness to me.

I have found a new church and I start a home group tomorrow.  I have a job.  I have a tentative idea of a plan for the next few months of my life.  I have the most amazing roommates EVER.  I have wonderful friends and an unbelievable family.  I am SO blessed.

I have a great many stories to share already, even after only 3 full days of work.  Don't worry...they're on the way.  :)

God bless you all, my loved ones....

No comments: