Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dublin = beAUTiful!!

So, after a LONG flight and lots of phone trouble, here I am in beautiful Ireland. I've always pictured this place as gorgeous in my mind, but I really had no idea. Everything is so green and fresh. We got in last night at about 10, and grabbed some food and then went to bed for some much-needed rest. Today we went to a national park, called Grendalough (not positive on the spelling...oh well!) that is about 30 minutes outside of the city. It was basically a paradise of streams and rolling green hills, with lots of sheep!

We're staying at Trinity College in the middle of Dublin right now. Its interesting how different the school is from Westmont. Its so big and formal and old looking - it really is a pretty campus. I have my own room, which is nice for the first few nights. It makes me appreciate the Westmont dorm rooms, though!

I had my first mishap today - my suitcase lock stopped working...while it was on my suitcase. I tried to pry it open for a long time, and finally ended up with someone from the office sawing through it with a bread knife! It took him about 35 minutes, and I was late for dinner, but luckily we got through it and I can now access my clothes again! I guess if something has to go wrong, I'm glad that is all that its been so far :).

Tomorrow I'm going to church either at Christ Church Cathedral or at St. Patrick's, we haven't decided yet. Then we have the rest of the day free and classes start on Monday.

Its insane that I'm here - I can't believe that the thing I have been preparing for for SO long is actually happening. I'm so excited for everything coming up!!!!

More details to come....

love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea kiddo! sorry I missed your call. Sounds like you are already having a great time. I can't wait to get there and see Ireland. Sorry about the lock. Glad you figured it out. Love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

oh rumi #2, im so happy for you!! I hope you are excited for your classes and everything you are going to experience!! My women are SOOOO cool and I can't wait for you to meet them when you get back!! love you!

Anonymous said...

butter knife? pretty impressive! i'll pray the 40 pounds of clothes you have in that tiny little suitcase stay safe, despite the lock situation. we miss u and i'm still convinced you can learn all of the christmas music before the big production! just a thought. :)
luv, suz