Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a synopsis of my Christmas festivities...

I know it's been a while since I was here. But life caught up with me and basketball games, Christmas celebrations, and long vacations got in the way of writing. But I'm back, and determined to write with more consistency.

I just got back from a long vacation to the beautiful state of Washington. I got to spend time with my dear friend Diane, who moved to Seattle after she graduated a year and a half ago, and this was the first time I'd seen her since her big move. It was wonderful to spend time with her again - she's good for my soul - and I really do love Seattle in spite of it's copious amounts of rain and humidity. My time with Diane was far too short, but I'm grateful that I got to see her at all. I just hope it isn't another year and a half until I see her again! This is us at "the wall" in Queen Anne...even though you can't see it, the view behind us was incredible!


After my wonderful three days with Diane, I got to spend the day with another of my dearest friends. Eric is awesome and drove all over the state to transport me from Diane's house to my aunt and uncle's house in northern Washington. In the process I got to see his hometown (Conway, WA - population 84. Whoo!), meet his family, and catch up on life. Eric is, simply put, the best of friends and a person who has bettered my life just by being a part of it. This is us enjoying Mt. Vernon. You should go there sometime - the water tower has tulips painted on it.

Eric dropped me off at my aunt and uncle's house in Van Zandt, WA (I don't know what it's population is because it's so small it isn't even listed on Wikipedia. Let's just say that Van Zandt has three town buildings - a church, a community hall, and a general store. It's kind of awesome.) I spent the rest of my vacation there, celebrating Christmas with my incredible family. I have truly been blessed with an amazing family whose company I enjoy greatly. It was slightly chaotic - 12 adults, 3 little kids, 1 toddler, 1 baby, 1 dog, and 1 puppy - but so perfect in that chaos. This is my cousin, Avery. My aunt has decided that Avery is a mini-Kelsey - not so much in appearance, but because she's a complete goofball and goes about 100 miles an hour all the time. She's just a doll:

Here is the newest animal addition to the Quinlan family - her name is Bailey. She likes to eat bark, and she was definitely the most popular member of the family over this break, especially with the kids.


And this is Macoy. He is the newest human member of the Quinlan family, and he's so cute it makes me want to cry. I see the goodness of God in those chubby cheeks and big blue eyes - what a gift and blessing this child is to our family. I only wish I could see him more than twice a year. Bathtime made for some adorable pictures:


All in all, a perfect vacation. I can't imagine a better way to spend Christmas. And now I'm back, re-settling into a life that is, one day at a time, becoming my own.

No comments: