Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Want to Go (Back) There!: Prague, Czech Republic

This edition of I Want to Go There! varies slightly from the others in that it has to do with a place I have actually already been. However, Prague is pretty darn close to the top of my list of places to return to, so I think it fits in here just fine. (Plus, as I probably don't need to remind you, my blog, my rules.)


I have been to Prague once before, during my junior year of college when I spent a semester in Europe. (You can read about my first impressions of Prague right here.) It was, without a doubt, one of my favorite of the 17 different cities I visited during that semester. I was captivated by the beauty of the city, as well as the vibrant cultural life. From the beautiful Charles Bridge to the incredibly impressive Prague Castle, the city has so much beauty and life to offer to those who visit.

The Czech Republic (or Czechoslovakia, as it was known in the not-too-distant past) has had an interesting and difficult past, but in the past 20 years or so it has really come so far. My mom visited Prague when Czechoslovakia was still under Soviet rule, and she says the difference in the appearance and attitude of the city from then until now is unbelievable.








Despite the six days I spent in Prague a couple of years ago, there is still so much there I want to see and experience, which is why I want to go (back) there!

2 comments:

hayley oa said...

i want to go with you. that was the best. also, post my blog on your favorites. im offended. :)

love and miss you (and europe...alot)

Anonymous said...

Prague is TOTALLY on my Europe itinerary for next summer. I need to pick your brain about where to go/what to do.