Thursday, December 3, 2009

New York New York!

For Thanksgiving this year, my family decided to ditch the traditional turkey feast and head to New York for a fantastic family vacation. We went with some dear family friends that my parents have known since before I was born and everyone had a perfectly lovely time. As my dad and Erica (Mead daughter #1) had never been to New York before, we did all the major things there are to do in New York - Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square, Broadway, The Rockettes, and lots of walking. We also were lucky enough to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from some excellent front row "seats" (we weren't actually sitting....), and I have to say - the parade is much cooler in person than on tv! All in all, an excellent vacation with my amazing parents and some wonderful friends.

Stacy & me in Central Park:


Dad & Keith walking through "The Mall" (the most famous section of Central Park):


Family photo in Central Park:


Horton! He was my favorite of the many parade balloons (which are HUGE, btw!):


And finally, a group shot on Liberty Island:

No comments: