Monday, July 6, 2009

today.

Today a party of 10 made my life miserable for half of the morning, and then left me a 1% tip.  Literally...1.2%.   In response, I took my time making their very specifically instructed cappucinos and lattes and delivered them with an extra dose of sweetness.  It didn't get me a better tip, but it assuaged my guilt at the anger I felt dripping out of my every pore.

Today I realized that three day weekends are both a blessing and a curse - three days of freedom makes Monday morning a much harsher reality.

Today I fell asleep on the couch, book open in front of me, and dreamed of a different world.  I awoke invigorated and excited, but not much more rested than I had been before.

Today I'm listening to John Denver and remembering days gone by.  I realize that I've listened to little besides country music for the past few weeks - maybe an unconscious preparation of sorts for my move back to Colorado?

Today is bittersweet.
Today I am missing my family.
Today the sun is reminding me of where I'm not instead of where I'm lucky to be.

However, today is beautiful in it's own right.
Today is not done - it has a lot of potential left in the evening light and the laughter of friends.

Today...I am thankful.

No comments: