Tuesday, July 7, 2009

one.

The office is silent save for the steady rhythm of my fingers against the keys.

Michele has departed for a well-deserved vacation, and I'm planning on spending the next couple of weeks in relative silence.  I already miss her (it's true, Michele, I really do!) but am excited for her to have this time of relaxation with her awesome family.

And thus begins my mission of daily posts until she returns.

I embarked upon this post not sure what to write or what I wanted to say.  So I ventured into the archives of my writings and musings from the past year or so.  And this little blurb caught my attention.  How true it is.  And how often I need to be reminded...

Its not about being happy all the time.  It’s about being miserable and still being able to breathe.  It’s about living in, dwelling in, rejoicing in all the moments, not just the ones that make me happy.  I don’t need to be happy all the time. I just need to be.  To really and truly be.  And I think that maybe…just maybe…I’m starting to actually understand that.  What a beautiful thing.

Thank you, Father, for this gift of life.

No comments: