Wednesday, July 2, 2008

vacation.

I just got home from an amazing weekend vacation to Santa Barbara. It's funny when you reach a point in your life where "vacation" means traveling from one home to another. My, how we're growing up.

It was a weekend fully of friends, fun, and lots of sunshine. Highlights included lunch at Padaro Beach Grill, beach cruisers and ice cream for lunch, amazing homemade dinner, drunken Irishman at Dargan's, and a sunset catamaran cruise. Really I could have done absolutely nothing for four days and enjoyed my time thoroughly, just by being in the same room as my best friends, but this all just made it better.

Last night, as I sat in the Santa Barbara airport, trying not to be upset about leaving again when really all I wanted to do was find some way back to the apartment, snuggle back up with Emily, and watch Grey's Anatomy for the rest of the night, I thought about how blessed I am. Having two homes is really difficult. But having two homes as wonderful as mine are is a blessing beyond belief. No matter which direction I'm traveling, I'm going towards home. What could be better than that?!

Here are some pictures from my lovely vacation :)


Kellie, Em, and I riding our beach cruisers :)


sea lions on an old boat during our sunset cruise


my beautiful best friend

It was a great four days!

No comments: