Sunday, July 20, 2008

diane.


I just dropped off Diane at the airport and on the way home I realized that I only took one picture while she was here. Oh well, I guess it will serve as proof that she really was here, even if it wasn't for nearly long enough.

Yesterday was a fantastic day. We started out with great breakfast in downtown Littleton, walked around looking at all the cute antique stores, and then headed to Red Rocks. It's always fun for me to see Red Rocks through someone else's eyes. I get so used to it that I forget how cool it really is. It was stinkin' hot, but there was a nice cool breeze, so we survived. We then went to the pool and basked in the sun for a few hours, before we went downtown. After an amazingly good dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (always a favorite) we wandered around downtown Denver until we found my new favorite bar, a little place called alto. There we not only enjoyed a great martini, but the company of the bartender, Johnny. Johnny is a semi-finalist in the bartending world cup. I mean, I didn't even know that was a real thing, but last night I was lucky enough to meet the self-proclaimed favorite in the competition. If he wins he gets to be in GQ. Yeah...he's kind of a big deal. But the combination of live jazz music, lovely black and lime pillows and white flowers, and the company of Johnny was enough to endear alto to me as a new favorite spot.

Even though Diane's visit was short, it was wonderful. This is the last time I will see Diane for a long time - she's getting ready to move to Seattle in a couple of weeks. I'm sure our paths will cross again someday soon - it has a funny way of working out like that for forever friends - but this weekend was our last planned get together for anytime soon. She has been a blessing through and through, and every moment I spend with her is just purely happy. What a great friend!

No comments: