Monday, February 1, 2010

so many happy moments...

I am sitting on the floor of my old bedroom. The air still smells the same, the palm trees still blow outside, and the neighbors' footsteps are still too loud. It almost feels like I never left...but I did.

The greatest sense of relief surrounded me today, though, when I realized that I have enjoyed every second of this vacation, but I am also excited to go home (to snow and family and coaching and gas for under $3). There was a time when "home" meant palm tree lined streets and beachy breezes, but that time is no more. Santa Barbara (and the amazing people in it) will always be special to me, but it is no longer home.

That said, I can tell you that this has been the most perfect vacation I could have imagined. My only complaint is that there simply aren't enough hours in the day. There are far too many wonderful people here and just not enough time to give them all the attention they deserve.

I'll put up some pictures after I get back home, but for now, I will just say how extraordinarily blessed I am.


My heart feels full and at peace.



God has certainly been good to me.

No comments: