Friday, January 22, 2010

last day.

I'm writing this from the office that is not my office anymore. Today is my last day of work. I realized today that this is my third job in a year. How's that for turnaround?

People keep asking me what my plan is now, assuming that I have a plan (after all, why else would I be leaving such a great job?) Well, I will answer both of those questions. (1) I have no plan. And (2) I'm leaving because I basically hate it. There will probably come a point in my life in which I will need to take a job I hate simply for the money, but I haven't reached that point yet. And until I do, I refuse to do a job that makes me unhappy. I want to wake up every morning and be excited for the day, not dreading it. So, I'm moving on.

For now that means finishing the basketball season and then doing some travelling. And after that? I have no idea....and that's just fine with me.

So, for right now I'm going to go check my mail one last time (just in case) and then enjoy my first afternoon of unemployment (again.)

2 comments:

j. shipley said...

atta gurl. being miserable when you don't have to be is just non-sense poppy pants. sounds like you're in a good place now and that moving on is a well, a good move. ha. work that up-do! :) i loves you and am tickled pink that i get you see you in real life next week. i'm squealing at my desk with excitement. yup!

K. Robyn said...

u know what you should do with your free time? Come to California.