Thursday, January 7, 2010

amazing grace, how sweet the sound.

It's funny...


...I woke up today and realized that I'm happy.

Despite the uncertainty surrounding my future, the fact that I live in my parents' basement, having significantly fewer close friends than I did before, and being "chronically single" (as my friend Lara put it), I am happy.

Honestly, for a while there I didn't think it would happen. I had a few rough days (weeks...months...) when I (quite dramatically) worried that I would go through the rest of my life being just a little bit more unhappy than I had been before. But, as usual, I was wrong. And God was right (shocker, I know). And here I am - in a life I never expected - finding myself once again at peace and filled with joy.


Isn't it amazing? How He transforms it all? How He redeems it all?

Isn't it amazing that the simple truth - that His ways are better than my own - is so incredibly profound?

Isn't it amazing that He loves us?!

He. Is. Amazing.

2 comments:

K. Robyn said...

Hey love. I miss you. I follow your blog when I should pick up the phone and call you. This is a confession. Soon to be amended.

You're a bright joy in my heart.

kate said...

Kelsey! Oh my goodness, what a previous heart you have! Jesus is just so ravished by your gaze and sweet thoughts of Him. He delights in you SO MUCH and LOVES YOU and LOVES TO BLESS YOU AND THE WORK OF YOUR HANDS! :)