Monday, August 10, 2009

kellie.


Today we watched the sun shimmer and shine across the water from the butterfly refuge.  We basked in the warmth and giggled like schoolgirls and remembered what it is like to live carefree.

I looked at the woman next to me and was proud of the person she has become.  I felt the warmth and joy that radiates from her being and was thankful for the sister I have found in her.  

To have a friend who lasts despite lapses in time and conversation, whose spirit is connected with yours in a way that isn't dependent on proximity or common moments...that is a gift.  Kellie is a gift.  

She is one of a kind.  Cut from her own cloth (the pattern of which strongly resembles my own) - she lives life in a way that is uniquely hers.  And while this extended visit of hers was unplanned, I have to believe that God had it in the works all along.  He knew that I needed a little bit of time to learn and love and live with this special woman who dances through life to a beat unlike any other.













(she understands that even the clouds need time for a nap.  


and birds have a language all their own).

2 comments:

Aimee said...

this made me cry.

K. Robyn said...

Kelsey, I LOVE you. These past few days made my heart sing in a chorus that'll last a lifetime.

You're the soft in the melody and the spirit in the page that whispers in the fingertips of the wind.