Tuesday, August 5, 2008

courage.

There is so much to be afraid of in life. It would be easy to lock myself away in the name of self-preservation; to avoid the fear and darkness and sorrow of life. But with that fear and darkness and sorrow comes triumph and light and joy and absolute beauty. To lock myself away, to escape from the fear, would be to keep myself from the beauty of life.

Here's to no more hiding.

Here's to the brave, adventurous, humble, fully, bright and shiny woman I aspire to be. God grant me the strength and courage to become her...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Kelsey,
I saw you're mom this morning and she said you're heading out tomorrow. I'm really proud of you and your adventures! Enjoy your year.

Keri (Starrs) :)

Anonymous said...

OK- I can't believe I used "you're mom" instead of "your mom". Yikes!

Keri