Tuesday, August 12, 2008

home.

Well, here I am. Back at home. Well, one of my homes, anyway. It's strange to feel this mix of sorrow and joy when I arrive back here. Sorrow for what I have left behind, but joy for what is so very present in this place. The joy is quickly winning out, however, and I am so excited to be here. With each new person I see and familiar place I visit, I am reminded of how very much this place truly is home. I am so blessed.

The drive out here was long, but basically uneventful. The main attraction was my dad and myself having a punching war while I was driving. The phrase, "you can't touch the driver!!!!" was yelled many times, and I think some bruises may show up later. We stopped last night in Thousand Oaks and spent the night with my cousin, Len, and his wife, Aimee. They are just genuinely wonderful people, and time I get to spend with them is always a joy. It was a nice break from sitting in the car, and their "dog" Moxy (who I suspect is actually the bat from Anastasia come to life) always provides infinite entertainment.

Today we drove to Santa Barbara and got all moved in. Moving is always an adventure, but today's adventure wasn't too crazy. Tonight we had dinner with another of my cousins, Shane, and his wife, Anna. Again, wonderful time with family. My parents take off tomorrow, but for tonight it's just me and the parentals, hangin' in the apartment.

It's good to be home :).

1 comment:

Liane Koh said...

It's great to have you back! :)