Wednesday, June 20, 2012

goodness and freedom.

Oh my goodness.

It's been over a year.  Over a year since I've been here.

Who can say what it is that inspires a person to write?  It's something that gets into your soul.  There are words that rumble around in the depth of you, waiting to be set free.  Sometimes the words catch you by surprise - they set free a truth you didn't even know was buried inside you.  And then...there are times of silence.  There are times when the words abandon you and you learn to find those truths in other ways.  Lately has been a time of silence.

But (without any warning whatsoever) the words are back.

I feel them in my soul, in my heart, itching in the ends of my fingertips.  They beg me to put pen to paper (or fingers to keys) and set them free. There are stories to be told - stories of laughter inspired by the little smiles and inquisitive minds that make up my every day, stories of love and weddings (not my own, but beautiful nonetheless), stories of struggles and triumphs, stories of sorrow and hope.

But most of all, there is the story.  It's the story older than time itself, the one that is told and re-told in my own life daily.  It's the story of Love itself.  Love that overwhelms my soul.

And those stories will be told in good time.  But for today - this quiet, cloudy morning - this is all that needs to be said: God is good.  All the time, God is good.

(He is goodness itself and He has set me free.)

"Truth be known, you’re not alone

Your aching bones will find a home

In the place where God he sets us free"
                                             ~ "Good Friday" by Josh Garrels

No comments: