Sunday, May 8, 2011

favorites and unfavorites on a sunny monday afternoon.

These have been some of my favorite things lately:

- This show-stopping performance by my girl Carrie:




- Eric. He left yesterday to move to Sierra Leone to work for a company called Kiva. It's a really intense job in a really intense place and I am SO PROUD of him. I feel just like a proud little mama :).

(back when I had lots of hair. Eric looks dashing as always.)

- summer sunshine

- That Magnum Bars have made their way to the US. Glorious.

- Gilmore Girls. I just restarted the series (for about the 7th time) and I love it even more every time.


- Summer basketball.

- Flowers and leaves on the trees.


- That this show (and my girl Cat) is coming back SO SOON!

- This song by one of my childhood favorites, Amy Grant, and it's message of God deserving and loving our praise in all of it's forms.






Annnnddd....some of my least favorite things lately:

- Wind. I love gentle wind and soft breezes, but I am not a fan of the gusty, gale-force wind that has been keeping me up at night and making it impossible to spend any extended amount of time outside.

- Having to wait to read Bossypants by Tina Fey. I don't want to shell out the big bucks to buy it, so I put a hold on it at the library, but I am about the 25th person on the list, and at two weeks per person, that could turn into a really long wait.

- Wasps that think in between the screendoor and the main door is a cool place to hang out.

- My own inability to shut up. Seriously. I know I talk a lot, and I try to stop talking so much, and it just never seems to happen. I hate it.



Overall, the favorites are winning. Life is good.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Only the 7th time?

Also, never stop talking.