Sunday, September 5, 2010

ramblings on wind. and trees. and the state of my soul.

It's another beautiful Sunday (although a little bit hotter than I would prefer) and I am once again sitting on the back porch at my parents' house enjoying the breeze, some iced tea, and the company of my dog.

(I love the sound of wind blowing through the trees...it reminds me of camping and my mountain upbringing and moments of spiritual clarity.)

Right now the trees are telling me to stop worrying about my future and to stop trying to plan everything and to just be. To be content. To lean my head back in this most comfortable lawn chair and watch the clouds float by in the endless blue sky.

Did you know that in Hebrew, the word for "wind" is the same as the word for "Spirit"?

Today, the wind is gentle and calming.


And today, my soul feels calm.

No comments: