Tuesday, June 9, 2009

summer.

I often find myself intimidated by this blank screen.  I put pressure on myself to be brilliant or profound or bare my soul in a way that has never been seen before.

How silly.

Today, I just want to write.  I don't have anything particularly important to say.  But that's okay.  Because today wasn't particularly profound, but it was pleasant.  Pleasant in the way that finds me here, at the end of the day, with a smile gracing my lips and a peaceful quiet in my soul.

I made a new playlist on my iTunes today.  I sat and stared at "untitled playlist" for way too long, waiting for inspiration to strike, needing a brilliant, yet brief, description for that particular collection of tunes.  And then it hit me: "summer."  Because, guess what - it's summer!  It doesn't really feel like summer - the sky is grey, the sun hasn't shown it's face in weeks, the carefree feeling of burden free months off from school doesn't exist anymore.  But summer it is.  And even in it's most dull state, there's still something special about summer.  The days are longer, the air is filled with flower fragrance dancing on the breeze, and everyone seems to smile a little bit more.

So, today I celebrate summer.  May it always bring this pleasant quiet to my soul.

No comments: