Saturday, May 30, 2009

Israel.

One year ago today, I was here:



doing this:


across a very hot desert.

My time in Israel was...beyond explanation.  Honestly, I don't write about it much, or even talk about it often, because I know there is no way for me to accurately portray the way that those two weeks shaped me.  Not only did I see and taste and smell and feel Jesus' homeland, but I saw and tasted and smelled and felt the work of God in my life in a way that was completely unfamiliar to me....a way that was terrifying and wonderful and so very welcome.  The devastation that God wreaked upon my heart when I was in Israel was breathtaking, and in retrospect, quite beautiful.  He broke me in order to heal me in the most perfect way.  What a gracious Lord he is...so truly worthy of my wonder.

I can't believe it has been a year already...

1 comment:

MicheLe said...

Oooohhh this makes me miss you. I like so many things about you. I like how you make me a better person, and you help me to like myself more.