Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday randomness

This morning was a gorgeous, hazy, golden dawn. It made me wish that Mr. Darcy would come walking across the parking lot to me (holding my grande iced non-fat Chai so I wouldn't have to go get it myself, of course) and tell me that I had bewitched him, body and soul. No luck, though - I had to go to Starbucks myself and I don't think anyone is feeling bewitched by me. But, at least the drive to work was beautiful. And it's Friday!

I played in a faculty basketball game yesterday, representing my Chargers. We dominated. I have a big bruise on my arm, a floor burn on my knee, and a fingernail gouge out of my right hand. I love it. It's just like the days of old. And one of my players came up to me after the game and said, "Quinlan! You're like...really good! You're a true baller!" It was gratifying and it reminded me of how much I miss playing that sport every day.

One year ago today I was in Paris, headed to Interlaken, Switzerland (my favorite place in the world).

Tonight, the roommate and I are going to see Jane Eyre. It's one of my favorite books, so I have high expectations for this movie. Mr. Rochester...please don't disappoint me.

They put in a new Yogurtland copy near my school...I was skeptical. But then I went...and it was glorious. NuYo - thank you for rescuing my yogurtland-less existence.

This is incredibly random. And now I'm off to science class in which I will zone out and dream of the beautiful, hazy morning and Mr. Darcy. And possibly Mr. Rochester.

Happy Friday!

No comments: