Saturday, August 14, 2010

updates galore!

(Sometimes I wonder why I feel the need to update on here, because I don't think anybody reads this and I really don't think anybody who doesn't already know what's going on in my life reads this, but oh well. I'm doing it anyway. My blog, my rules.)

So...Rachelle got married. My best friend got married in the most perfect and wonderful wedding ceremony of all time. I don't think I can put it down in words because it was really just. that. good. I'm beyond thrilled that she has found such a wonderful man. And as I said in my Maid of Honor toast, I truly believe that Ryan is the best man to love my best friend for the rest of her life.

In other news, I moved into a new apartment recently. That's right...I made it out of the parentals' basement! (Not that living there wasn't great...it was genuinely the best thing I could have imagined for the first year back, but I'm excited about this change, too.) I love my apartment and love having Meg here and getting to live with her again. I'll post pictures someday...after we unpack and it isn't quite so chaotic.

I'm still teaching preschool. It's still just a job. Don't love it, don't hate it.

I just bought plane tickets to go to Santa Barbara for a weekend in October for a friend's wedding. I can't wait to see everyone and spend a little time at the beach :).

Autumn is coming. I can feel it in the crispness of the breezes and the chill of the early morning air. I love this time of year...something about it just speaks home and comfort into my heart.

Meg baked banana bread last night.

Life....life is good.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Kelsey! I read your blog, and now want to make banana bread. sooooo great. Can not wait to hear stories about the new place, and neighbor gossip. side note: I have to agree with you that Ryan is the best guy to marry, and I think Rachelle is the best girl to marry. How are we gonna find fantastic people to marry??? How did they find each other, in this sea of people??? I loved that wedding, and you were a perfect maid of honor. Wish I could be your roommate, sorry I left the country again, but I will be back in 89 days!!!! HOORAY. enjoy fall for me, I miss that season BIG TIME. jump in some leaves. love you