Thursday, November 12, 2009

flippin' your fins you don't get too far...


All day I've had "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid stuck in my head.  It's mostly been the line: "...but who cares?  No big deal....I want morrree!" but other parts of the song have been making random appearances also.  

This is in no way unusual or embarrassing for me.  What is embarrassing, however, is getting caught singing that line (loudly) in the bathroom at work when you think you are alone...  

I was simultaneously washing my hands and having a momentary lapse into childhood - enjoying the excellent acoustics provided by the tile floor and walls and singing into a fake microphone - when out walked a woman I didn't know from one of the stalls.  What do you even do in that situation?!  Stop singing and apologize?  Laugh?  Keep singing?  Walk away with your head down and pretend it never happened?  I went for the last option, but I would definitely be open to suggestions for what to do if it happens again (because let's be real...this is me we're talking about - it probably is going to happen again.)

But hey - such is a day in the life of me...and I love it.

No comments: